I've been playing around with a crazy idea ...

I've been playing around with a crazy idea of recreating Eclipse JDT tooling with XText.

While it does sound a fair bit more than a little crazy, it appeals to me for few reasons:
  1. It would give me great opportunity to learn XText and test it in a non-trivial setting.
  2. It would give me great opportunity to learn more about Java the language.
  3. Having Java source code parsed into a well defined EMF structure opens up JDT to all the  goodness of EMF tooling that has been developed over these past years.
It seems like an interesting idea. I wonder if I actually get around to giving it a try...

Comments

Are you aware of EMF metamodels of the Java language? Did you make any progress on this idea?
Luolong said…
I am aware of them in the sense that I've certainly heard of them, but I have not really checked them out.
Neither have I made any progress on the idea...

Popular posts from this blog

Musings about build systems

Comparing Jenkins vs TeamCity - Part 2

Comparing Jenkins vs TeamCity - Part 1